MFG 0.79% $8.76 magellan financial group limited

I'm 27 years old, I have a degree in finance, and I manage...

1. 1,188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92

I'm 27 years old, I have a degree in finance, and I manage family and personal assets of roughly 8 figures between equities and cryptocurrency. I worked a government job for a short period focusing on policy research then reverted to solely focusing on managing investments because in no longer made sense to work 40 hours a week when I was earning substantially more from investing. Yes, I once worked at Mcdonalds, so did significant numbers of middle class individuals who currently work in highly paid professions, this is a completely meaningless reference. Yes, I did make a reasonably substantial amount of money from cryptocurrency in terms of my own assets.

For the life of me, I absolutely cannot understand how you think critiquing my credentials is effective when you openly acknowledge I have a degree in finance. Do I need a PhD in economics to convince you of anything next time? When you're openly mentioning that you're stunned that people on these forums have a mere hundred grand to allocate to a stock as being some kind of surprise, you're not at the level where you're able to question my credentials. Nor are the vast majority of people on Hotcopper.

I'm not asking for you or anyone else to take my views or predictions on COVID, macroeconomics or individual stocks as gospel and quite frankly, I don't give a tenth of a sh1t whether or not someone substantially less successful than me considers me to be an authority or not, quite frankly the notion of "authority" itself is used by people like you to ignore content or arguments and take an unearned moral high ground but you already probably know this.

Nothing in my post you have referenced requires credentials in epidemiology to understand or interpret. People are able to read datasets and statistics via education from separate tertiary education, if you have a specific critique of anything I've said or some specific details that someone with a degree in finance is unable to grapple with, feel free to to specify directly.

Now if someone DID have a masters or PhD in health sciences or economics I'd absolutely consider their views and take them seriously, but the reality is that these credentials don't change the fact that there are vastly separate and conflicting views across the field. Being in the early stages of Omicron, there are already studies which suggest both significantly lower pathogenicity and others for example one in the UK that suggested there was no evidence of decreased pathogenicity. As an investor, I pick and choose the perspectives and information I deem to be accurate and of value.

I'm sorry if it offends you, but I'm not handing off macro analysis of the pandemic to arbitrary health officials from arbitrary nations, all of which who differ in opinion to some degree and who have undeniably tended closer to doomsaying than any kind of reality.

On the current data available (particularly what we have from South Africa) and when I made that post, I am STRONGLY betting on Omicron peaking and tapering incredibly early and restrictions to be reduced towards back to normalcy within months. Part of the reason I post to begin with is so I have a record of my thought process and decision making and one I can clearly look back on. On top of this, it is good to see if others can intelligently offer a counter-narrative or critique of anything I've said, asking why I'm prepared to make this prediction without a masters in health sciences isn't an intelligent critique.
    Last edited by Jean Luc Bergman: 01/01/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.76
Change
-0.070(0.79%)
Mkt cap ! $1.583B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.89 $8.99 $8.75 $4.609M 521.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2985 $8.76

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.80 3934 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$8.76
  Change
-0.070 ( 0.53 %)
Open High Low Volume
$8.88 $9.00 $8.74 52906
Last updated 15.59pm 08/05/2024 ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.