MFG 0.51% $9.76 magellan financial group limited

Ann: Video update from Chief Investment Officer and Chairman, page-44

1. 1,424 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    ^ my judgement of all this is as follows (and this is not advice..ok!) It's My opinion..

One of my first posts on MFG around here was actually a question..

"Is what is going on with MFG the canary in the coal mine?"

Let me unpack this..
    1/ Making easy money in etfs and index funds -even in active funds, in markets is over (as the market starts to roll over after the greatest bull market in history)
    2/ FUM start to fall ..little by little at first..as worried investors move out of stocks. (Yet to be fully disclosed by the specific fund managers)
    3/ Pressure put on fundmanger heavies of other active funds "to do something".. those like the English who have recently ditched MFG..... they "do something"..they move to another manager after over a decade...
    4/ MFG feels the heat... CEO resigns
    5/ (PTM at all time lows as well.. same sort of pressures.. FUM hasn't grown in years.. the vanguard crowd continues to say indexing is better..)
    6/ Downramper other jealous fundies start spruiking on about how bad the returns are at boutiques like MFG.. start shorting conservative active managers?
    7/ SP takes a hit..
    8/ In other words the pressure cooker inside active managers is building and about to blow off.. some..who have been making easy money (when the markets have been ridiculous) are now scarred for their jobs..

In summary, the easy money has been made by just passive investing into a roaring market and the fundies KNOW this and think the game is up..they think the overall market is about to crack>?

Is there any element of possible truth in this scenario?

I'd be interested what others think as it will effect my other stocks

Cheers
    Last edited by asxunsullied: 23/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.76
Change
-0.050(0.51%)
Mkt cap ! $1.764B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.63 $9.77 $9.63 $2.785M 286.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 928 $9.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.77 2144 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.