G79 0.00% 2.7¢ goldoz limited

Hi @makingmoneystill, Good luck with the 10 year old laptop. Try...

1. 357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    Hi @makingmoneystill,

Good luck with the 10 year old laptop. Try running the video using VLC, that is if you downloaded the file to view, or even selected to 'Open' it, as it will still need to download to your computer to run. Excellent footage by the way, so I hope you get it running.

VLC media player is free to download and it runs all formats and much better than Quick Time, as it uses less resources, and would probably be more sensible on an older laptop. You will need to let it be the default for running videos on you computer. You may be running a Mac laptop, but I think from memory there is a version of VLC to run on Macs as well. You weren't clear on whether you were running a Mac laptop or a Microsoft version.

If that doesn't work, then it is because you don't have enough RAM to run the file, or your video card can't manage it either. Given the age of your laptop either are likely, regardless of the platform for the operating system.

It probably should have worked on your Ipad, as that is newer technology, so I hope you got it working, as the links Hardrock provided are worth a look.

Just trying to help.

Cheers
    gsmaree

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G79 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.