UOS 3.17% 61.0¢ united overseas australia limited

The more I think about it the more this would make sense to all...

1. 634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    The more I think about it the more this would make sense to all parties.
    The UOS lifecycle is typical of a lot of companies and wealthy people in general.

Start-up phase (Early Days): In its early days UOS was a prolific wealth generating company. The owners had scarce capital so developed property aggressively and recycled their capital quickly as they wanted to build wealth and make a successful enterprise. Building a successful enterprise requires showing investors and the market that they can generate a sufficient ROE.

Maturity Phase (current state) - Over time that success was achieved and the priority of the owners moves from generating wealth to just preserving their wealth. The recipe for preserving wealth is to slow down development and business as ROE is no longer a priority, leverage is reduced or removed and the company moves from generating wealth to just harvesting wealth from assets.

The problem for minority holders of UOS now is that you are trying to value an asset base that is very likely to deliver sub-scale returns on equity until the company is liquidated and put into the hands of owners that are again trying to lift the return on their capital.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UOS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
61.0¢
Change
-0.020(3.17%)
Mkt cap ! $323.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
61.0¢ 61.0¢ 60.5¢ $1.619K 2.661K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4992 60.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
61.0¢ 62453 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 09/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
UOS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.