GSN 0.00% 1.5¢ great southern mining limited

Foss must admit I missed that old announcement and I am really...

1. 94 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Foss must admit I missed that old announcement and I am really surprised that there hasn't been too much news on it since.

Some material that is ready to be processed immediately.

From that announcement: "In 2005, the stockpiled mineralised material was separated into various piles which were levelled and then extensively sampled by Placer Dome to be transported to the Granny Smith Mill. A total of 530 samples were taken and the results of that sampling are presented in Table 1. The variable gold content of the material returned a weighted average grade of 1.7 g/t gold with up to 26.1 g/t gold noted. GSN have commenced quantifying the stockpiles tonnages and grade."

I think we need to chase up management on that quantification.

And in addition to that there is the "tailings leach pads from the historic underground operation which produced ore at approximately 22 g/t gold through its on-site processing plant. Western Mining Corporation (WMC) reported the tailings material contained >1 g/t gold.The Company has completed a preliminary auger sampling program on the tailings leach pads noting the potential to host unextracted gold. A total 32 auger holes were drilled with 60 samples being submitted for analysis."

The average grade from this came in at at 1.30g/t."

On top of this they then did some sampling of the "Historic “Waste Dump” Material Grab Sampling", where they reported "A large pile of material is situated to the east of the open-pit and has been placed over two main stages of open-pit development between 1937 and 2005. A total of ten grab samples have been collected by GSN geologists from visibly mineralised material. GSN is evaluating the economic potential of the material which was classified as waste at the time of operation based on a high (>10 g/t gold) economic grade cut-off adopted. From preliminary GSN sampling to date the material is returning an average grade of 0.6 g/t gold with up to 1.7 g/t gold noted."

So another one which seems to have gone straight through to the keeper and been lost with all the expectation on the high grade drilling at Coxs Find and the additional exploration in North Queensland.

Great find that one Foss.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.26M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.5¢ 1.5¢ $8.704K 580.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 124469 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 139199 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.29pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GSN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.