GBR 4.08% 4.7¢ great boulder resources limited

i totally agree on that, it's as if their long term stated...

1. 588 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    i totally agree on that, it's as if their long term stated objectives (an economic mine) is secondary to short term share market gains (no surprise there).

if you have 20kg of sample for 1m of intersection, why not cut through the bulldust and find out how much gold is really in it... if the gold is course and distributed unevenly, then repeated 50g assays taken from the same 1kg of pulp could show anything from zero to 1000's of grams, making conventional assay pointless.

you will know this but just to tell the punters who dont...the assay labs have a technique called screen fire assay where they seperate course fraction from fine but this is still nothing like the accuracy of gravity recovery from the complete drill sample.

an example of screen fire assay from one of the blocks i am involved in...
    an original composite drill assay...5m @ 260ppm (about 7onz/t)
    repeat assays showed only 11ppm...0.11ppm...100ppm...39ppm (still an impressive average of 82ppm)
    but when the screen fire assay is completed (3 in total) the average is just 0.27ppm

now when the gbr assays do come back considerably less than the expected 50,000g/t, (maybe at 1-2000 g/t) you will have to ask why...
    why the "visual" results do make it look like a spectactular 50,000 g/t sample, and exactly how it happened. i do know how, but it's pointless discussing here, there has been enough "experts" telling their versions of what happens with drill sampling... suffice to say the sample in the plastic tray is not proportionally representitive of the drill intersection, more like a highlight summary.

another problem i have here is they say these samples were from fresh rock as opposed to a paleochannel yet the gold pieces have well worn rounded edges, even the internal edges where there are cavities in the nuggets. gold pieces of this size should have shapes consistant with being squashed or cut from rock by the hammer bit with quartz attached and there is no way they could have been rounded and seperated from quartz by being lifted 115m up the centre of a drill rod.... gold does not detach from within quartz that easily, nor quartz from within gold.

all academic when this will never be mined.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
-0.002(4.08%)
Mkt cap ! $29.77M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 4.8¢ 4.7¢ $17.21K 359.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 51214 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.