VML 50.0% 0.3¢ vital metals limited

What a wonderful post, much appreciated. I wound up coming to a...

1. 229 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    What a wonderful post, much appreciated. I wound up coming to a similar conclusion after the initial offtake announcement. Subsequently selling most of the rest of my holding even though it was free carried. Interesting attempt to try and use a lookalike deposit for which there are some economics to them. My calculations were more range bound trying to extrapolate based in the deposit directly but I got stuck on the profit split on the extraction. Even if its 50:50 which I think is a generous assumption, the economics are questionable anyway. Until they actually release some more details on the economics I'll be staying away. I think its a little crazy that they are digging stuff out of the ground yet shareholders have to jump through hoops to try and even come up with a revenue estimate let alone an ASIC.
    I think another curveball to consider is that the oxide extraction is coming some way from the research side in terms of direct extraction rather than group seperation stages. For example Medallion seems to be making some strides recently that are worth getting across if you are interested in REE. This changes the economics of some of the deposits like HAS where part of the deposit would be amenable to the process. The more obvious target for them to launch their approach is through ILU though.
    Another consideration is the energy fuels foray, where they are agnostic to the radioactive content since they consider it an economic addition (you will note for example the VML offtake is ex cerium but that is considered a cost in this case). This also changes ASIC comparisons in the race to be the lowest cost producer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.001(50.0%)
Mkt cap ! $17.68M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $7.312K 2.872M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
69 89820858 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 21671614 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.