TLG 1.22% 41.5¢ talga group ltd

Talga's chairman believes in granted permit: "Mining operations...

1. 2,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1110

Talga's chairman believes in granted permit: "Mining operations are needed"

UPDATED TODAY 14:47 P.M.PUBLISHED YESTERDAY 22:55

Graphite mining company Talga believes in success in the Land and Environment Court and a granted environmental permit this spring.

Chairman of the Board Per-Erik Lindvall believes that mining operations are needed and that the deposit outside Viittangi is unique in dignity.

On Monday, the Land and Environment Court began negotiations on Talga AB's application for an environmental permit for graphics mining in Nunasvaara södra outside Vittangi in Kiruna municipality for 25 years.

Requires financial security

The Sami villages said no and the county administrative board will impose a number of conditions on mining, including a financial security of SEK 413 million. The money will be used, among other things, for finishing when the mine is decommissioned. Talga's chairman Per-Erik Lindvall believes that it will go the company's way.

"Mining operations are needed. I have a good feeling and I am confident in this negotiation. We have good factual material and I think we will have an environmental permit later this spring," he said.

Always "finds" something

The Swedish Society for Nature Conservation has made a big deal out of the fact that many red-listed species, such as the rare strawberry canary, have been found on the planned mining site.

- I'm not one bit surprised by that. The Swedish Society for Nature Conservation usually "finds" things during these types of trials, says Per-Erik Lindvall.

Talgas ordförande tror på beviljat tillstånd: ”Gruvverksamheten behövs” | SVT Nyheter

Ruff translation of video interview with Talga's European Chairman posted in above link.

The mining industry needs the product that is produced. In anycase, the graphite is needed to be able to make batteries.

All batteries contain graphite, and we have a globally uniquedeposit.

There is a huge need for batteries.

We ourselves know how fast the electrification of the transportsector is going, and they all need batteries.

I've been involved in mining trials.

More criticisms have come up now.

I think it's probably quite good, provided that we have a good andsolid foundation.

And the questions asked during the journey have received goodanswers.

That said, I feel very confident about the negotiation.

But the red-listed species, such as the smoltron chanterelle,could stop the mining project.

It is completely usual for the Nature Protection Association tofind things in sana have types of testing - perhaps more common in the forestindustry.

So I'm not that surprised.

We have made a proper nature inventory and then it is up to thecourt to test the inventory we have made and what we want to be implemented forthe mine.

I believe that there will be a positive outcome.

That is my hope.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
41.5¢
Change
0.005(1.22%)
Mkt cap ! $168.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
42.0¢ 42.0¢ 40.5¢ $317.8K 773.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 35504 40.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.0¢ 56911 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.