TLG 1.83% 55.5¢ talga group ltd

Ann: Vittangi Graphite Mine Appeals Update, page-82

1. 1,623 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2890
    You seem to be implying that the Sami & NIMBYs have a specific issue with Talga's project alone and not an issue with the entire green industrialization that is occurring. This anti-mining sentiment covers all mines and is not exclusive to Talga. Look no further than the recent post on the Nimby facebook that was organizing a protest against all mines:

"On Saturday, September 16th, people from all over the country, Sápmi and the international community, will gather at Sergel's Square in Stockholm for a joint standing demonstration against the mining rage that is now sweeping the country and the world. We are convinced that the climate crisis cannot be solved by opening new mines everywhere that destroy valuable water resources and sensitive ecosystems."

You state that Sweden is a mining-friendly country in an attempt to insinuate that there must be a problem with Talga and not Sweden's permitting process. Everyone invested here knows the difficulties companies have faced trying to get a mine into operation in Sweden. It's far from an easy task. Sweden was a mining-friendly country, but over the last decade fell off, causing Sweden to slide down the ranks of favourable mining jurisdictions, as @Beach42 used to so kindly remind us. That is now rapidly changing as industry urgently returns to Europe and the permitting process becomes more efficient under the CRMA. We can see the wheels starting to turn with Talga's environmental mining permit being the first approval in Sweden in over a decade.

Which may be why it seems like Talga are taking the brunt of the Nimby/Sami obstruction. Perhaps they view Talga as the straw that broke the camel's back and that once one mine is approved, dozens more will soon follow. I must say, they aren't wrong in their fear. For the green industrialization in the EU to have any hope of succeeding, more mines will be coming.

But just to stress, not exclusive to Talga and many other companies will have the same level of resistance - look no further than the below stats regarding land conflict with indigenous people:

"Mapping the global inventory of ETMs indicates that a high proportion of ETM projects are in geographies covered by these two UN instruments (Fig. 1a). Across the sample of 5,097 ETM projects, 54% of projects are located on or nearby Indigenous peoples’ lands, with 29% of these projects on or near lands over which Indigenous peoples are recognized as managing or exercising some form of control or influence over land for the purposes of conservation."

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41893-022-00994-6

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
55.5¢
Change
0.010(1.83%)
Mkt cap ! $210.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
54.0¢ 56.5¢ 53.8¢ $187.9K 340.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 83393 55.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
56.5¢ 34125 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.