TLG 1.83% 55.5¢ talga group ltd

Ann: Vittangi Graphite Mine Appeals Update, page-84

1. 1,524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 464
    Gvan, you are right this trend can be seen all over the world and Talga is far from beeing the only company facing this situation. I've been dealing with both sides a lot lately and it seems a lot has been done right by Talga beforehand. And yet there is probably a fundamental problem here, which in my opinion also occurs to a lesser extent in these threads.
    As I said, Vittangi is one of the flagship projects in Europe and is advertised as one of, if not the, greenest mining project around. there are all these great looking documents and certifications that are supposed to prove and underpin this as the cornerstone for a green transformation and yet people have been and are being left behind again and again, especially those who are directly affected by it.
    Of course, this doesn't just refer to this project, but I think that's exactly where the problem lies.
    It's not just about one graphite mine here, we're talking in the same breath about the rare earths right next door, the relocation of an entire city, the corresponding deforestation, the development of a complete energy supply for precisely this industry and the necessary infrastructure for transport , the mining-related use of large machines and explosives, biodiversity, lichens, waste disposal and last but not least all the workers who have to find somewhere to live for all these projects and their supplies, etc etc...
    everything on the land that these last indigenous peoples of Europe have had for centuries for themselves claim. Is it reprehensible that they are fighting back?
    See, I'm far from being anything like these NIMBY people, but first of all show some respect to these folks given the full scale of what we're talking about here.
    Wanting to explain to someone who has been living a lifestyle like the Sami for ages, how anti-green he is behaving, is absolute mockery in my opinion. They also don't care about geopolitical dependencies either, why should they...

…but I guess that's the white man's burden, right? ( for the poetry lovers here )

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/05/24/eu-flawed-reliance-audits-raw-materials-rules

so good luck with your project, i think you will need it

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.