TLG 6.98% 46.0¢ talga group ltd

Worth pointing out, the mining permit dragging on shouldn't...

1. 400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263
    Worth pointing out, the mining permit dragging on shouldn't realistically delay the production of anode once the plant is actually up and running, there's a big buffer of time. My understanding is the plant won't be producing until 2025 (somebody correct me if wrong, but I believe 2025 was the target). So right now the mine probably won't be the bottleneck, that will be the anode plant. But unfortunately any permit delays won't do the SP any favors.

Consensus here seems to be that the additional financing probably won't be inked in until the permitting process has run its full course. That might be the biggest impact from this? How is the anode plant being funded, part cash, part EIB loan? Depending on how long the mine permit drags on, it's definitely right to question if Talga will be forced to do another CR.

As for offtake agreements, they can, and do, sometimes include clauses with wording around successful mining permits/mine construction, so I honestly don't think the permits are whats holding up offtakes. If [this video] is anything to go off, then Talga is likely in a price war. Struggling with customers who are unwilling to pay DFS prices for anode. The customers are preferring synthetic AND the prices of synthetic are down (See NVX's latest estimate as low as 7k/t for synthetic). We're lucky TLG's cost to produce will be so low, because there's plenty of other companies/projects that are looking borderline uneconomical right now.

Just 2c
    Last edited by JSSF: 04/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.0¢
Change
0.030(6.98%)
Mkt cap ! $186.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
44.0¢ 46.0¢ 43.5¢ $343.7K 768.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 24000 43.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.0¢ 67462 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.