ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,412 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 471
    I have no particular expectation for their refining business, which will probably continue to remain very volatile.

Probably more interesting to focus on their 2 other divisions : retail and commercial.
    Based on their FY 22 results, these 2 divisions together generated $445 m of underlying free cash flow* (vs 273 m the year before).
    This is significant as this free cash flow represents 10 % of the enterprise value.
    However, it is a bit biased because this free cash flow is calculated before the effect of working capital**, financial charges and taxes.
    This is not a problem for working capital (positive contribution to cash flow in FY 22) and financial charges (the group was net cash at 31/12/22).
    But we probably need to adjust the above free cash flow for a normal tax rate of 30 %.
    If we do this, the underlying free cash flow for retail and commercial (after tax) was around 288 m in FY 22 and still represents a significant free cash flow yield of 6.4 %.

This level of free cash flow (excluding the refining business) does not reflect today's potential of free cash flow for 2 main reasons :
    - it does not fully include the 2 recent acquisitions (Coles Express*** and OTR),
    - it does not take into account the large improvement of EBITDA (RC) during H1 23 : + 41 % yoy (excluding refining business).

If we include these 2 elements to get a potential free cash flow after tax (excluding the refining business), Viva Energy has probably a free cash flow yield of around 8 %.

* Also good to see that this free cash flow was fully explained by large EBITDA (585 m in FY 22 vs 405 m in FY 21)
    ** my understanding. I may be wrong on that point.
    *** Coles Express consolidated only since 1/5/23 and OTR acquisition not yet finalised.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VEA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.