ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,412 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 471
    I may be wrong, but I do not see a major risk that they do not get the approval from ACCC.
    Apart from the fact that they may have to sell some of the sites of the combined OTR-Coles Express in SA.

According to the data from their presentations, OTR and Coles Express have together around 915 sites.
    Almost all Coles Express are outside SA : out of 710 sites, Coles Express had only 43 sites in SA.
    While a very large part of OTR sites (205 stores) are located in SA (only 15-20 are located out of SA).

To come back to the initial post, I don't think that much has changed for Viva Energy group since they announced the OTR acquisitions on 5/4/23.
    Main change according to me : large deterioration of the refining business, due both the market and the accident of their refining facility.
    However, I do not see it as a major element for Viva Energy as the refining business has always been very volatile.
    Perhaps, the market has discounted the risk of a lower dividend, due to expected large decrease of result for the refining business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VEA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.