VMT 7.69% 14.0¢ vmoto limited

Ann: Vmoto launches new Australian online sales platform, page-78

1. afd
    2,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 648
    Of coarse they have Dikko. Gotta probably brought 50 or os. One each for eachof his extended family.

Re the merits of the Aus launch and the market here, I think it's good but it's more about the e-bike China market.

I'm looking at this in the context of what is happening there at the moment, particularly in relation to Powereagle negotiations and the opportunities on offer in a deeper relationship.

Vmoto has declared it is refocussed on the two-wheel market. Bikes and scooters.

Initially they were going to launch online in China and then a couple of months back announced the impending Oz launch.

So now V can say to Powereagle that they have premium product to complement their bikes and scooters and that they the can prove their ability / intention to go online. So a Qantas/Jetstar relationship is possible.

The complementary nature of the relationship goes further. V has manufacturing capability and requiste (hard to get) licence. Powereagle has 130+ distributor and online network (at 2 outlets a 'pop' you have the 300 retail outlets that V keeps saying it will have in place by end of 2016)

In any case, I think what is being negotiated is a different / deeper sort of relationship (I also note the references to the 'heads of the two companies meeting several times')

Not suggesting merger but it is going to happen but it is a possibility as they indicated when they first signed the Powereagle agreement in 2012(?) when the industry snapshot they gave stressed the need for co-operation and rationalisation.

So the Powereagle agreement isn't just a rubber-stamping of a copy of the exisiting contract IMO.

Re the prospect of a merger, personally I would prefer they didn't as I think Vmoto has more potential but there are (short-term) benefits to a merger. What a takeover target it would be.

In any case, I'm very confident the Powereagle agreement will be finalised as the company said. The question is how 'deep' will it be.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.010(7.69%)
Mkt cap ! $58.54M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 14.0¢ 12.0¢ $7.135K 51.69K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 61170 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 626196 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.