AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: Voluntary Suspension Extension, page-104

1. 1,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1165
    Personally I struggle to view this extension in a positive light. If this halt was about the ML, which some claim, then NF's confident assertions on timings were once again wildly innacurate. If this is the case, what's the holdup? Bureaucratic dragging of the feet regarding surface dues, or a more serious pause from on high whilst claims and counter claims are played out across the media and by various local and international parties on the ground floor in DRC?

However, if this TH and suspension is regarding the ownership disputes, which is my mind seems more likely, then how have we come to this, when management has been in the know for a year now? How are we unprepared to deal with the "utter rubbish" (see: NF) that's been bubbling away in the background without needing further weeks of time? I can't help but feel that management have indeed dropped the ball on this, and probably in their continuous disclosure requirements also, and I just hope that they aren't being outplayed by the Chinese - who let's face it have considerable experience in this kind of dodgy shenanigans. It will be an interesting opportunity though to see how the FT administration walks the walk re: Chinese games and domination of the mining sector given his previous statements and light action on this issue, or whether the need to solicit their support and funding ahead of the election trumps this so far largely theoretical stance. Will any concrete action be taken over the IGF report? None seen on the recommendations made by the inspectors thus far.

Anyway, uncertainty continues to reign, and whilst I remain somewhat optimistic moving forward, I question the grounding of the blasé attitudes displayed by some here - at least on the face of it - who seem unable to even consider the potential negative impacts of sovereign risk.

I guess though it's not the worst time to be out of trading, given the macro challenges atm.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.