AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Like it or not, this has already gone to the ICC for...

1. 197 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    Like it or not, this has already gone to the ICC for clarifications and rulings. First by MMCS who laid claim to the project, or a portion of it. (Does anyone know of the outcome, as this should have been settled by now? The sites still show this as pending) Now by AVZ.
    In both cases, it's against Dathcom and Cominiere who are the parties accused of corruption. Agreed there should have been a negotiated outcome. However, AVZ maintains its 75%, Zijin claim otherwise, and Cominiere and Dathcom are caught with their hands in their pockets.
    The tragedy is that this does not bode well for the DRC government, the minister of mines, and or any other officials in the DRC. However, do they care about their reputation? I do not believe it at all.

Manono will be mined, the question is by whom? The mineral deposit is too great to be ignored.

And for all those that keep posting about Zijin and its record of contempt for employees, community, etc. I doubt whether this makes an iota of difference in the DRC's final decision on the licenses.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.