ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 46,742 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8854
    The whole vibe of this announcement has changed from being almost cocky in continually reinforcing they have good legal title to 75% of the project and are confident of winning the legal battles that they deem to be frivolous and without merit to now being "concerned"

The issue here is the DRC is one of the most corrupt countries on the planet they own the sandpit and they have sandpit rules that AVZ have hung their hat on as they would expect in a western democracy. The problem is the owner of the sandpit also controls the judicial system and everything else involved in their country.

Anyone expecting the Australian Embassy in the DRC can fight a battle for a spec mining company against China is living in La La land. If the DRC government don't wont to enforce their sandpit rules or change them I expect there is very little AVZ can do about it.

They could issue a Force Majeure in the national interest to FastTrack the project with someone else with much deeper pockets than AVZ and I expect there is very little AVZ could do about other than spend millions on Lawyers trying to get compensation.
    Last edited by h00ts: 01/04/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.