RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ resapp health limited

Ann: Voluntary Suspension, page-208

1. 121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Following on from @nogur1223 post, here's a direct copy and paste from ASX Listing Rules Guidance Note 16 for those interested:

2.3 No consecutive trading halts except in connection with accelerated capital raisings

A trading halt can only be granted for a maximum of two trading days.

ASX may agree to a request by an entity to grant two consecutive, or 'back-to-back', trading halts where it is proposing to undertake an accelerated capital raising (such as a 'jumbo' offer) involving a significant issues of securities that is essentially pro rata to all holders and that requires a halt in trading of more than two, but not more than four, trading days to be implemented. If granted, this will have the effect of extending a trading halt from a maximum of two trading days to a maximum of four trading days.

In all other situations, if an entity needs trading in its securities to be halted for a period longer than two trading days to manage its continuous disclosure obligations, it should request a voluntary suspension rather than a trading halt. This reflects the fact that a trading halt is intended to be a short-term interruption to trading only and the different treatment accorded to securities in the ASX trading platform in a trading halt compared to those in a suspension.

I won't read into this too much, but if the results were not forthcoming within the two day trading halt, the company had no choice but to go into voluntary suspension. This might have always been the companies plan, and they may well have always known that the two days that a trading halts affords was not going to be sufficient to process the results and inform the market. This is of course based on the assumption that they must request a trading halt at the commencement of the data being processed, rather than upon them learning the results; which being true I have no idea.

Cheers
    Newt

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.