ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,403 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 209
    Bütz, you're absolutely right, it doesn't help at all and that's the end of it for me now:

The wording used by GBE on the MDA has varied from now only "delighted", previously "extremely pleased" and before that "highly pleasing".

Mkango and GBE will certainly not be happy about the taxes demanded by the government and in particular not about the "Resource Rent Tax"posted by Elli.

The government thinks 5% royalties are competitive, but IMO the overall package should be anything but competitive and investor-friendly to the taste of investors and will hardly find their approval.

What in well-informed circles in a social forum already on 29.06. also expressed by a user from South Africa, the meaning of which I could not classify at the time, but which has now become clear to me with the tax rates presented.

The statement at the time:

"The country has got to learn to walk before it can run. Rent seeking has set in too early before the industry has even taken off."

If both sides want to do the best they can in the whole MDA procedure, this can, in extreme cases, trigger serious negative developments for investors. Maybe currently at GBE. Then borders are crossed that are of no use to either side, let alone Malawi.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.