VRX 16.7% 3.5¢ vrx silica limited

I’m a big supporter of this company and very optimistic about...

1. 790 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 208
    I’m a big supporter of this company and very optimistic about the future. But I too am disappointed with Bruce’s recent performance. He clearly got caught with his pants down and was forced to scramble. He informed the market (us) only when he absolutely had to. This week, at best, has been untidy.

Some of the comments here have been been just plain silly (I’m looking at you Rocko ;-). We are allowed to be disappointed when basic company obligations are allowed to slide. And no, it doesn’t mean we should sell. My complaint relates to simple professionalism. It goes to competence. Would we be equally OK if the company forgets to make payroll occasionally. Or let’s WHS standards fall? I don’t think so. Would the last couple of days have impressed the “strategist investor” (even if they did manage to pick up a few shares as a result)? I don’t think so.

Bruce gets full credit for pegging these tenements, and he deserves to get rich as a result. But that doesn’t give him a pass for everything that follows. This business is only going to get more complex and more demanding - not less. The next stuff up might be serious.

The problem, which anyone visiting the Perth Office will appreciate, is that there is almost nobody doing this work except Bruce (excepting Yoonil, whom I know personally and rate). Surely it’s time to begin scaling up and professionalising this operation!

C

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
0.005(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $21.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.5¢ 3.3¢ $5.183K 153.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 39000 3.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.6¢ 286530 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.06pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VRX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.