VTG 0.00% 8.1¢ vita group limited

on the dividend vs job keeper issue nick scali made a meal of...

1. 271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    on the dividend vs job keeper issue nick scali made a meal of it. only partially paid back - after the board had decided intially to not pay back - CEO claims to have prefered to give it to childrens hospital etc etc not a good look at all - see the story in AFR below:

Anthony Scali’s JobKeeper crash continues (copyright link)

i think the issue only becomes a PR issue if the revenue and profit benefits from the pandemic as was the case with large ticket item furnature retailers. i cant see VTG having a pandemic surge in revenue. i would be looking for them to move to 65% payout like CBA did this morning and invest excess cash in growth. on the growth front i think that telstra stores or scale in SHAW can be equally appealling. SHAW will be a learning curve for a couple of years whereas ICT is core and they will know which stores are attractive and which are not based on their existing footprint. 5G should provide a tailwind for that business for the next two years and the consolidation in the telecom' space should also provide more discipline in contract pricing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VTG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.