CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

Very good news, though the share price stood stoically still. I...

1. 1,831 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 640
    Very good news, though the share price stood stoically still. I geuess noone was surprised!

So a 5 MW power station running at 90% utilisation produces near enough to 40 GWh annually.

Average annual electricity consumption per household in WA is about 5.8 MWh in the SW (it is much higher at about 12.6 MWh in the NW - presumably lack of alternative energy sources such as gas, and greater use of air conditioning). So between 6900 and 3170 households depending on where they are. Adds up so far.

In WA about 2% of energy comes from renewables. About 0.5% of power customers purchase "green" electricity. WA is not directly connected to the national grid which is part of he explanation I guess.

WA has a gross feed in tarrif of $0.60 per KWh for domestic solar installation (subject to the consumer buying 100% "green" electricity) which values a year's output from the Garden Island plant at A$24M. Of course they would be providing the electricity at a wholesale rate but it gives you an order of magnitude.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.