CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

Ann: WA Commercial Project Site Decision , page-28

1. 1,831 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 640
    BB - as I wrote it there was a small voice in my ear saying "now what was that stuff that BB recently said about RECs" but I was in a hurry unfortunately and had to post before I'd really worked it all through to my complete satisfaction. Certainly A$1.5M is nothing to sneeze at - pays for a few wetsuits and socket sets. You're quite right that we need to keep these new realities front of mind.

I originally took up my pen and the back of a nearby envelope because I was wondering about the stated 30 jobs thinking it must have meant jobs during construction, but now that I see the revenues and stack them against your capital cost estimates I think they may in fact be permanent staff - I guess if you are supplying electricity to 3500 households you need 2 or 3 people in three of four shifts including weekends plus various support staff to ensure you have full and reliable coverage. There's sufficient revenue for that (whether profitably or as a loss leader until the full plant is done). I had an image in my mind of an automated unattended plant but maybe not - anyone know what the operational setup for a 1MW production power plant might look like?

Jukes - if there was ever a stock capable of capturing the imagination of it's retail investors its CWE - what the marketeers call a "love brand". If a modest raising of some sort is announced to the faithful (SPP or unlisted Bonus options) a few months down the track after all the photo opportunities and TV spots are shown I have no doubt it will be well supported.

It very exciting - I like real iron and it looks like we are getting very close now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.