WAF 2.08% $1.41 west african resources limited

@Jrowl1 WAF is a well-run company, but their major issue is the...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,157 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 332
    @Jrowl1 WAF is a well-run company, but their major issue is the jurisdiction they're operating in. BF is just really not attractive for investors, and despite some good development projects in the pipeline, I believe the market will continue to largely shun the stock. WAF's best long-term bet imo is to introduce some country diversification into their portfolio, but that's something that takes years.

I held WAF previously, but I now favor PRU due to it's superior diversification and lower country risk. Even PRU struggles for recognition with almost half its' MC in cash, but I'm prepared to play the waiting game.

The other thing to remember is the inverse relationship between interest rates and market returns in general. In the high interest rate environment that we are in money leaves the speculative market in favor of safer fixed-term returns, and stock returns will be diminished. This is a well understood principle.

Several factors would have to align for me to re-invest in WAF, including lower interest rates, a sustained breakout in the pog over $US2,000, the comprehensive defeat of the jihadists in the Sahel, and the swearing in of a democratically elected government in BF. Whether the country will ever be able to move beyond the "basket case" category is another topic.
    Last edited by jman0076: 13/12/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.