WAF 0.00% $1.61 west african resources limited

Ann: WAF to Acquire 1.1Moz Toega Gold Deposit from B2Gold, page-58

1. 11,732 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6199
    Awesome number crunching Nord.
    So... if we tack on the costs you mention, just for speculations sake, then the total cost of purchase and getting into production (I am not including the $25m royalty on production), is perhaps $65m US. Lets use your mid case of 600k in reserves. That is a truly bargain basement price of $75 USD per ounce, tack on further your AISC, and you get US $775 per ounce once in production. Plus of course, instead of having to spend years to find an economic deposit, drill it etc, its basically 3/4 done, with the best bit left for WAF.

Whilst it is almost never calculated that way (at least when presented to the market), that is perhaps the most accurate way when the true cost of an acquisition could be costed. Either way, it is a amazingly good outcome for WAF holders. In the future, WAF will obviously have the potential to increase the throughput of the plant, which I feel also should ensure that the project, does not average 150k p.a, in the later years, but... more likely 250k p.a.

Very interesting to see just how quickly they can get rigs out there to start converting the resources, and perhaps even proving up a few more ounces? New eyes on a project that was basically, a side show will perhaps even make the acquisition sweeter. btw - Does the acquisition include any surrounding tenements, or just the deposit?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.61
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.654B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.63 $1.64 $1.59 $3.399M 2.113M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5508 $1.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.61 126757 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WAF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.