LYL 0.24% $12.23 lycopodium limited

@MarsC A fellow, long-time LYL shareholder contacted me today to...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 16,933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8392
    @MarsC

A fellow, long-time LYL shareholder contacted me today to point out that LYL's stock is at an all-time high.

While some people find such a stat to be somehow meaningful, to me it has no real significance (after all, there is nothing at all magical about the $7.20 - it's just a number).

But I have to concede that it did prompt me to take a hard look at the investment attributes of the company and the valuation of its stock, and whether it warrants continuing to own the business (ignoring the CGT implications for a minute).

Part of the exercise involved me going back and visiting my initial thinking, when I first started acquiring shares in LYL, some eight years ago, at a time when demand for LYL's services had severely contracted and the company was basically making no money.

I use HotCopper as a bit of a repository for file notes on stocks, and while going back and revisiting my initial investment thesis, I found this post from you at the time (I recall you becoming a LYL shareholder about that time):

https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/16928848/single

LYL Straw Hat in Winter.JPG

In the context of the ensuing history, it was a most prescient post.

Who back then could possibly have envisaged the kind of journey which LYL shareholders have subsequently undertaken?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.