LYL 0.24% $12.23 lycopodium limited

You are absolutely correct. I have spent a considerable amount...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    You are absolutely correct. I have spent a considerable amount of my career delivering major Resources projects both domestically and internationally for Tier 1 EPCM's & Contractors and there is a significant dearth of young talent (either engineering or trade based) coming through to replace the exodus of the older generation.
    Unfortunately remote work does not appeal to many irrespective of the remuneration on offer nor does there currently appear to be any significant incentive for those that do to invest (or even embrace company offers) in upskilling and take on more responsibility.

Also as you rightfully pointed out there are severe shortages in labour and expertise across the full lifecycle of a project (some more obscure components ie procurement, logistics, const engineering etc are worse than the bigger ticket components).

The only thing that is missing now is for the competent contractors of which LYL is one of the best due to their consistency is to leverage their pricing power and convert that into margin expansion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.