STX 12.0% 28.0¢ strike energy limited

Porosity it inferred by the wireline tools sending signals into...

1. 57 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    Porosity it inferred by the wireline tools sending signals into the formation and analysing them as they come back. Pressure points are obtained by physically inflating small rubber packers, or sometimes pressing a rubber pad against the formation, which isolates the zone and takes pressure points. Small pumps on the wireline tool then pump away as much as they can, with the idea being that you pump away enough of the drilling mud that had seeped into the formation throughout the drilling process, which is part of the reason you get formation damage. Then you can get a clean sample and pressure buildup from the formation/reservoir, which gives you a permeability figure very close to the well. As alluded to in previous posts, permeability is what it's all about, if you don't have it, you can have the biggest resource in the world but you can't get it out. Hence why fracking exists - all of the marginal formations get fracked so that they have higher permeability. If you want to get permeability and deliverability figures so that you can estimate reservoir size, confirm what the well can deliver (i.e. A flow rate), then you need to conduct a well test. This is done after rig leaves location but sometimes happens when the rig is there and it is ran in conjunction with a DST. I doubt they'd be doing a DST, especially at there depths. I'd imagine the plan is to drill everything, get wireline logs to confirm there is something there, then conduct a well test offline from the rig.

So to cut a long story short, taking a pressure point is much more difficult from a physical point of view as opposed to getting porosity data, which is just a matter of running the tools past the zone. Hence why it was easy to get porosity data but not pressure points.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
0.030(12.0%)
Mkt cap ! $801.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 28.3¢ 24.5¢ $7.221M 26.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 293004 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 820079 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.