Ann: Waiver of 80% minimum acceptance condition o, page-20

1. 1,030 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    re: Ann: Waiver of 80% minimum acceptance con... Hi BigPete

Q: "The question is if the takeover is still current can they legally trade in BRM shares without BRM Shareholder approval."

A: No. The clause is deceptively worded but what it says is correct. The answer is in the clause: WNI cannot creep while the takeover offer is on. WNI must close it first before creeping. But, as we know, WNI has been buying secretly and illegally - never mind creeping - for years. Their problem now is that nobody else wants to sell at these prices.

Q: "The effect of the 75% position." WNI could close this takeover offer and try a scheme of arrangement. Until about 20 years ago, you could not do a takeover by a scheme of arrangement. Now the courts let it happen. Still, the courts MUST approve it, i.e. be persuaded that the price is fair (i.e. same as in a compulsory acquisition if they get to 90%) PLUS be persuaded that the scheme is not a device to get something they could not get in a takeover (which might be difficult in this case, although usually it isn't).

All this makes me wonder who is looking after the minorities in BRM. Not the board - so ASIC really should step in and provide independent advice before it gets out of control. Goodness knows what the ordinary BRM holder makes of all this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.