WAK 0.00% 4.3¢ wa kaolin limited

That need to have a critical population in Wickepin to help keep...

1. 4,223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1229
    That need to have a critical population in Wickepin to help keep schools and other facilities functional is likely to incline the Shire of Wickepin and the WA Government to be very co-operative. I'll only mention kaolin below, but wheat exports may be even more of a reason now that Eastern Europe has become an unreliable supplier. Ceasing hostilities there is not going to fully reverse the situation for both kaolin and wheat.

WAK could have 60 local employees when it hits the 400,000 TPA production target some years hence (circa 2026). To go above 400,000 TPA would conduce to the shire putting political pressure on the WA Government to get that rail link reconnected. Andrew mentioned in one of his recent presentations that 500,000 tonnes was a maximum that road transport could handle. On that 500,000 tonnes see https://www.narrogin.wa.gov.au/news...nes-for-road-safety-and-economic-growth/11162.

One issue I have not covered is WAK's stated intention to investigate the monetisation of the silica sand that is now a beneficiation by-product. I specifically quizzed Andrew on that, and he said the matter is still alive, and under discussion. I did not pursue the topic, but it is obvious that monetising silica sand requires cheap transport to the coast, whether sold in its own right, or in a sand-kaolin blend. Many end users of kaolin blend it with silica sand to make end products like fibreglass and pressure-cast ceramics. In very loose terms, the tonnage of these two minerals in such applications is about equal. All three tiers of Government, WAK and WAK's customers have an interest in rail facilities that conduce to more dollars being extracted from each tonne of ore extracted.

A rail link to the port of Bunbury would be manna from heaven, and just as likely.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $19.69M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.4¢ 4.3¢ $5.032K 116.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 235614 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 19995 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.49am 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.