STX 1.16% 21.3¢ strike energy limited

Ann: Walyering-7 Flow Test Update, page-38

1. 618
    3,189 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2099
    In addition to attributing no value for exploration upside, Macca has also applied a deep risk discount to both SE peaker plant (see my prev post attached below) as well as WE (based on 100PJ to be sold at relatively low price for the CSBP GSA which is now defunct anyway). An analyst's job (whether professional or amateur) is to try and calculate the fair value of a company (or an asset) based on a balanced and objective view of risks and rewards. Mr Wiseman (very inappropriate name as he is def not very wise IMHO) seemed to have taken the SE2/3 setback quite personally even though this sort of unexpected/unforeseen results do happen time and again in O&G. As a result, he had decided to take a giant knife and slashed the carrying valuations of EVERYTHING in the STX portfolio, including carrying value of reserves, precinct landholding, cash-producing asset at Walyering, and of course, contingent resources and exploration upside.

Each to their own obviously but if he is so touchy about bad appraisal results, maybe he should consider covering another sector or a career change because unexpected results will happen multiple times in his career. I can understand if he was the only one out on a limb and was blindsided but he wasn't. The fact remains the data at the time pointed to SE2/3 being successful. So it was hardly a career defining mistake. However, the rubbish he is putting out now is career defining because there will be Macca clients who will lose money on this when the stock revalues, and it will. It's just a matter of time IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.3¢
Change
-0.003(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $600.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.5¢ 21.5¢ 21.0¢ $359.4K 1.693M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
73 4144615 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 2626169 60
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.06pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.