STX 2.27% 21.5¢ strike energy limited

Peaking Plant.Fellas, @dmdkrob, @Idle Wanderer, et al. Riveting...

1. J L
    1,840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174

Peaking Plant.

Fellas, @dmdkrob, @Idle Wanderer, et al. Riveting discussions, a joy to read.

As an ex-power station engineer, I can only draw on that experience (30 years old). As old as it is, and information that I can supplement it with information gathered from articles on the internet. But I still can understand technical concepts).

So, on with the show.

Below is an excerpt from Power regarding the technical parameters used in comparing the two forms of heat engines.

In any power plant technology comparison, the list of parameters needing appropriate consideration includes at a minimum:

• Power plant load profile/start up time
    • Start-up time
    • Plant life cycle cost
    • Project site ambient air temperature
    • Plant altitude
    • Aging/maintenance over operating time
    • Reliability/availability
    • Efficiency
    • Power to heat ratio
    • Dual Fuel requirements/capabilities
    • Overall plant footprint

Most of these parameters impose severe impact when considering technical concepts or commercial feasibility.

These would or should have been examined and assessed in the selection of the units.

Let's give STX credit for a little bit of sense and propriety.

We don't know the operating regime
    We don't know the load profile, and
    We don't know who is conducting the operation of the station.

What I think we can be assured of, is that with 20 X 4.5 MW units to orchestrate, all but the last unit brought online will be running at optimum efficiency.

Yes, IW, it will sound like warm up time for the Battle of Britain. Music to one's ears.

The die is cast, and we can be assured that, if implemented, it will be operated and maintained in the best possible manner.

Just my thoughts. Open for discussion if needs be. J L.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.