FGL 0.00% 1.6¢ frugl group limited

I agree a bigger number would have been better, can't deny that!...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,519 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    I agree a bigger number would have been better, can't deny that!

At the same time I think it's one of those products that has the potential to create committed customers (parents) who promote its benefits IF they think the product is helping them. This is an issue that is very important to some parents and is also a topic that parents who think its important but aren't doing anything about can be convinced into action.

I also think that IF the product can harness the data they monitor into actionable insights that it has the potential to create a network effect as well - as in the products creates more value as more users come on board.

I'm also of the view that profitability of this product won't come from simply revenue numbers of how many paying subscribers. I see significant potential for partnerships (resellers, value add to other companies customers) and white labelling.

When I read the update I agree with you that numbers haven't gone kaboom, though tbh I never thought they would as it takes time to get an app off the ground and for take up to happen. For this sort of product though there is the potential for referrals to drive uptake over time that may lead to exponential growth. 1 parent, talks to 5 parents and 2 trial it, those talk to 5 parents and 2 trial it etc. Exponential growth is possible. How long it takes and obviously IF it happens are two questions I and others simply won't have.

It's this potential that keeps me around. If I didn't think the partnership angle was also a significant upside opportunity I would have waited for take up numbers of the app. But because of the data analysis angle I can see the tech in and of itself has significant value even with or without take up numbers, that's why I jumped on board earlier than I could have.

We'll all see what happens in 2018.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.