FGL 16.7% 3.0¢ frugl group limited

Ann: Wangle Launches on iOS and Android-WGL.AX, page-204

1. 1,849 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 623
    Don't like.

Using a UDP tunnel for traffic will come with huge issues especially on mobile networks where packet loss is unavoidable.

Speed is pretty poor when connecting to anything other than speedtest.net. i.e. fast.com is giving me 700Kbps while connected to Wangle. I get 50Mbps natively.

Adding to the UDP issue, it looks like their way of increasing speed is to crank up the payload size (~40K) to make use of whatever size pipe is available but this results in massive fragmentation and when using UDP any latency or packet loss is going to result in very poor performance if any of those fragmented frames are lost during transit. This would explain why some people are getting such erratic results.

Compression and acceleration are nothing new but are usually reserved for large data transfers across WANs, i.e. data replication/backups etc. Realtime UDP traffic isn't suited for this.

I don't see this getting much traction.

If you are already on a poor connection (high latency, packet loss) this product isn't going to improve your situation. It'll probably make it worse.

This is all IMO of course.
    Last edited by john_utah: 02/11/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
-0.006(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $3.147M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.0¢ 3.0¢ 3.0¢ $6.004K 200.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 136413 3.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.54am 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.