CAI 0.00% 10.5¢ calidus resources limited

got a bit of free publicity today on * site That will...

1. 399 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    got a bit of free publicity today on * site
    That will have investors sniffing their noses around looking for the company that could break the mould and defy what has so far been a pitiful -22.6% year to date return for the All Ordinaries Gold index.The best bets are often early stage miners who drum up excitement with the growth story that comes with any new mining operation.Those stocks, like Capricorn and WAF last year, often catch a wave from investors as their mines ramp up and before they have a chance to disappoint you.One of the miners in this mode is $250 million capped Calidus Resources (ASX:CAI), which is down 4.62% YTD but caught a 6.9% bump today after announcing the start of steady state production at its Warrawoona mine in the Pilbara.It expects to hit nameplate capacity of 2.4Mtpa in July at its processing plant, which has been tested at up to 2.8Mtpa.Since first pouring gold in May, Calidus has delivered 8916oz of gold for $22 million of sales, helping make $3m of repayments on its debt to Macquarie Bank.Calidus had $19.8m in the bank as of June 30.“We are rapidly closing in on steady state operations at Warrawoona which is a fantastic achievement after pouring first gold from the commissioned CIL circuit only 6 weeks ago,” Calidus MD Dave Reeves said.“This is a credit to the Calidus operations team and we look forward to the project become a strong cash flow generator for the Company in the coming years.”The $120 million Warrawoona mine is expected to produce 90,000ozpa over its first 7 years, with a peak production rate of 105,000oz in its fifth year of operations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $85.53M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.0¢ 10.5¢ $42.03K 398.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
27 1631596 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 463235 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.