NXR 0.00% 2.0¢ nemex resources limited

I read the reviews as well and users not happy. I find apps with...

Currently unlisted. Proposed listing date: WITHDRAWN
  1. 8,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 374
    I read the reviews as well and users not happy. I find apps with a rating 3.5 and below and not worth the time.
    the test results also looked fishy.

something just isn't right. I agree with JPMax that the announcement contained unsubstantiated information and was very ambiguous. The announcement basically said there might be competitors who are superior but they may also not be. What? NXR/WBT had no business announcing it unless they had concrete data which they don't. Even then I have never seen an announcement talking about competitors. All that is kept in-house and share holders will know anyway due to loss of revenue, market share or whatever.

But WBT is a start-up. Competitive advantage can be measured in many ways. Best EER or most user friendly or fastest response time and many other factors. We do not know what WBT meant in today's announcement and hence the ambiguity. I.e, maybe EyeVerify has the best EER but the reviews show it does not seem all that user friendly. Would EyeVerify announce that they have found other competitors which are more user friendly and they will rework their technology? Of course not, companies do not do this. So perplexing that NXR/WBT did

Perhaps, since it was non-sensitive, they thought it was no big deal. Now they got egg on their face just before they want to raise much needed capital and they really need to fix it.

My suggestion would be trading halt and announce something proper on Monday.

Saying all this I've been looking at a new tech investment which I am getting a bit excited about. Life goes on

P.S.
    Finally watched the Eureka interview and below, imo, are the more important bits. Bits that should be part of an ASX announcement. Most of these points should be now that they are in the public domain.

-----
    "So when they got up to 40 per cent, we had really good results, the technology was really getting traction and we went to them and said, look, let’s not go to the 51 per cent, let’s merge the company and really put the management team in to Nemex, so that we could really drive the business forward and really make money for the shareholders."

"So how long will it take? So we’ve given ourselves a runway of between six months and nine months once we’ve completed the testing that we’re doing at the moment. How quickly will we sign up or how many companies are we dealing… We’re talking to a significant number of companies and those companies range from companies and industries that are high security down to companies that are interested in more the mass market. So if you talk about"
    "Lots. I’d say we’re in active discussions with eight companies"

AK "have the technical team improved the false acceptance and rejection rates from those figures that have previously been stated?"

"SD: Yes. Yes, we have. So that information hasn’t been released yet, but we are in a position now that our results are comparable and moving to be comparable to the best in the market at the moment."

"We haven’t and I can’t tell you which way we’re going to go at this stage, but we’re looking at both options of doing it exclusively or non-exclusively, but our partners or the mobile phone manufacturers will obviously have a lot to say about that because, for them too, having a capability to, you know, protect their phone or protect the owner of that phone’s information is going to be a good selling point for them as well, so not only is it a security device, it’s a marketing tool."

"We filed another patent more recently in April this year that combines the cornea that we had and we’re… really we own the cornea – there are no other competing patents there, but we’ve developed our own algorithm in relation to the iris, so we’ve now got a patent that covers a multimodal biometric which covers our cornea that we’ve had before and now our features of the iris invisible light."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.