WBC 0.98% $27.90 westpac banking corporation

Ann: WBC 1Q22 Update release, page-48

1. 5,242 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1031
    don’t get me wrong, I love Australia. Best place on earth to live, however our standard of living is only so high because of mining and a low population to spread those riches. America is also great, albeit social problems in some areas and deep race/poverty issues, mind you that’s the issue with large populations anyway, you always get that. America is just the most reported in by the media.

CBA is still a world class bank, as is WBC, NAB and ANZ. There are just better that’s all, and our banking system is one of the only that withstood the GFC. I own all 4.

California blows most countries to pieces and is one of the worlds largest economies alone.

Atlassian doesn’t even pay any tax in australia last time I checked, not exactly a model citizen for corporates and didn’t even list here. You’ll probably find that’s why the founders are so woke, to focus your attention there and not the fact it hadn’t ever declared taxable profits in Australia. BNPL isn’t really innovative per se, it’s just sub prime credit cards on steroids for the poor. I think it’s a disgraceful business that should be regulated a lot more than it is.

Something a lot of posters here failed to mention is that US companies tend to do buybacks rather than dividends for tax reasons. There dividend system can actually result in a lower effective tax rate than our imputation system given flat rates of taxation vs an individual here taxed at close to 50%. I’m not an expert in that field of US tax, however each country has some nuances with dividends. We just have special treatment for superfunds and low taxed individuals etc.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.90
Change
0.270(0.98%)
Mkt cap ! $96.71B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.75 $27.99 $27.72 $120.4M 4.318M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5892 $27.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.92 21812 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.