WBC 0.98% $27.90 westpac banking corporation

Ann: WBC 1Q22 Update release, page-67

1. 5,242 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1031
    to stop an off topic discussion.

Canada weather is bad. Not sure how you can even compare it to one of the nicest climates on earth Australia…

Setting up business in Australia? I use to work as a tax consultant in structuring. No one is bending over to setup a large business here. It’s what I was talking about before with tech IP. Australia’s taxation is too high, as with labour costs. For the most part you only have mature big businesses here. It’s why the ASX is dominated by mature old businesses, ie WBC, big banks, BHP, RIO, woolies, wes etc. You only setup a large entity here if you have to. Most the multinationals in here eliminate their profits out anyway through transfer pricing, ie IKEA etc.

I’m not sure how you equate high wages as a wonderful thing in Australia. Have you been asleep for the last 20 years and not noticed the destruction of manufacturing here? It’s all offshore thanks to unions. Typical employee mentality that can’t see beyond their own pay packet. I’m not talking about minimum wage, I’m talking about low skilled jobs.

Anyway back to WBC, you can go kayaking or whatever in Canadas winter mate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.90
Change
0.270(0.98%)
Mkt cap ! $96.71B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.75 $27.99 $27.72 $120.4M 4.318M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5892 $27.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.92 21812 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.