WBT 0.43% $2.31 weebit nano ltd

He has 6 months? Yeah now he doesHe said customers 1H 2023...

1. 223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 279
    He has 6 months? Yeah now he does

He said customers 1H 2023 originally. He has 1 day.

Prima facie, I'm not getting my knickers in a twist because they might be a few weeks or even months late on signing up a customer. What I am annoyed about is why make the statements in the first place.

It happened with the CR - when asked if they were looking at doing a CR, why say they have enough money through to 2024? He could have been a lot more vague and mentioned something along the lines of "we're always open to any deals, but it would of course depend on the exact circumstances and terms of the arrangement". Why make statements that infer/indicate a CR is not on the table?

Similarly, why make statements about customers signing up in 1H? Why make statements about now signing up in CY 2023? Why not be more vague and say things like "we are aggressively hunting customers with a view to signing commercial agreements as soon as possible". Leave it at that. Don't back yourself into a corner with timelines that could come back and haunt you.

His comments and statements on the above all have a material impact on share price. This is the issue I take umbrage with.

I'm glad to see the interim director has strong experience in corporate governance issues, because despite Coby's strength in other areas, the areas around investor relations, communication and governance is clearly below par.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.31
Change
-0.010(0.43%)
Mkt cap ! $436.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.32 $2.35 $2.30 $611.1K 262.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 29735 $2.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.33 2938 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.