STX 5.00% 19.0¢ strike energy limited

Ann: Webinar Registration for Q4 FY24 Financial Results, page-78

1. 618
    3,203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2123
    Just my personal opinion only. I half agree with what SN said. His job is to add value to our company, which he has been doing. SE2/3 was just bad luck - it's O&G. It happens. Unless there is irrefutable, clear evidence of market manipulation, why would we want our board to be distracted and spend lots of time worrying about what the market does instead of running an O&G company? The relentless shortselling and the resulting suppressed price is frustrating, but that's not within the remit of the board.

However, what is and should be within their remit is also to maximise value for shareholders. If the market value of our equity is, and continues to be, significantly below the sum of parts value of our assets, then the board must also take some time to consider various options to help shareholders realise the true value of our equity. After all, they are employees being paid by shareholders at the end of the day.

If the board genuinely believes Macca's advice, and that the short will reduce significantly post September index rebalancing, then let's wait for a couple of months and see. If we continue to deliver great results and gulf between market value and our underlying value continues to grow, then I'd be asking the board for more concrete actions to help shareholders realise our true value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
-0.010(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $543.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.0¢ 19.0¢ $873.2K 4.500M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
73 3507920 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 1387202 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.