WBT 1.21% $2.51 weebit nano ltd

Ann: Weebit Nano Q3 FY22 Activities Report and Appendix 4C, page-43

1. 4,269 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8295
    its one of the underlying 'connections' in the Skywater space on PDK 130nm and 22nm link.....yes Skywater PDK is operational in partnership with GF in the 22nm node line within their foundry....( as is being tweaked in the 12nm node )
    the insightful and eagle eyed comment you made ....
    ' I particularly liked this little gem in the embedded 22nm development:'....so the question is why has the push to 22nm suddenly taken significance with CEA Leti / WBT on the case pretty quick ? (Post #: 61120048)

its one of the reasons I mentioned Global Foundries previously on a number of occasions ( it wasn't just sensational speculation on my part because understanding the 'intrinsic value' of what is on offer here is the reason for holding and further investment with this ....or any company imo) and see potentially a particularly tight possible link in future operations ....before wbt locked in their arrangement with Skywater GF were already in the 22nm PDK line manufacture and GF holds a very similar status to Skywater in national terms within the US ....( GF also have 12nm in that space as well as previously posted)

Global Foundries is a "Trusted Foundry" for the U.S. federal government and has similar designations in Singapore and Germany, including certified international Common Criteria standard (ISO 15408, CC Version 3.1).[8][9]

this connection is specifically my own speculation and underlying view as to where the future lies with Open source RAM / Skywater - CEA Leti and the technology and what the possible next step will be if 22nm scaling is successful by Cea Leti and WBT ( pretty confident it will of course) and that is an opportunity that is already potentially being scrutinised within DD by those associated in these US trusted foundries and their interaction to establish wider and secure operations into mass adoption markets with cheapest cost per bit product for maximum / improved bottom line 'on shore' ......it is the opportunity and I think it is front and centre in WBTs' pathway.
    GF is potentially then the 22nm foundry of choice if the ducks align and its within the US as the only other trusted US foundry along with Skywater - it is connected within the US Administration focus on domestic chip production and addressing supply constraints while re establishing primary operwations 'on shore' .....in my mind its a strong connection....very strong....if this is not the case why try to scale so quickly to 22nm 'in parallel' with current development operations?....because perhaps there is an opportunity materialising at that node specifically as the qualification and development processes between WBT and Skywater 'mature' .....

Its a tantalising potential opportunity as I see it....operational PDK relationship already exists between GF & Skywater - OPEN ROAD - OPEN LANE is already in play with GF as an open source operation which is the space WBT are introducing this game changing technology that Skywater are qualifying to produce and license under the new agreement .....if it proves to be what we think it will be the opportunity really gets swung wide open as I see it.

So open source RERAM .....gamechanger yet again - ASIC initially in the 130nm PDK offering is a brilliant strategy for WBT

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4305/4305345-3ebea162b398793e31b3fba143557f04.jpg

Why is
    an ASIC design the entry point of choice?.....its custom silicon - if you manufacture enough volume they cost scale down accordingly ....really cheap by comparison which is why people / companies drive now to make their own chips ....Microcontrollers are the least cost effective returning limited operational value by comparison and field programmable gate arrays fill the gap between the 2 as per the table above.....so clearly ASICs' are the place to be ...130nm PDK / Skywater open source RERAM ASICs' are an absolute no brainer market entry point with the new partnership.....with far improved operational metrics and a technology to rule them all in a mass adoption market with highly flexible cost entry for manufacturers flowing to customers - in a custom designed product with best bottom line return .........what else is there?

its really something to think about and realise what an opportunity is about to unfold here ........the SP will seem ridiculous in 12 to 18 months as a very very low entry point now .........

some muppets elsewhere suggest WBT is just washing machine and household goods ......laughable - their analysis is shallow in the extreme.

impatiently waiting for the news flow .....as patiently as possible smile.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.51
Change
0.030(1.21%)
Mkt cap ! $474.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.52 $2.58 $2.50 $1.029M 404.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1855 $2.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.54 614 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.