WBT 4.26% $2.45 weebit nano ltd

Wazzie, for some reason hotcopper doesn't seem to be letting me...

1. 93 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    Wazzie, for some reason hotcopper doesn't seem to be letting me reply to your comment directly so I'll try this.

FWIW, I've been investing for 12 years, I own plenty of stocks. They're mostly boring companies so I don't even follow most of them on the forums. I comment on companies that I find interesting (mostly speccies) that I either own some or am interested in owning them at some stage.
    I don't tend to comment if I don't have anything to add, otherwise I just feel myself adding to the echo chamber that most forums unfortunately are. I note that you haven't actually said anything about my argument that WBT won't see revenue for quite a while yet, so I'm not sure what your point is? You just seem to be engaging in ad hominem....

As I said before, I'm still bullish about the long term future of WBT as a business (and will likely buy back in at some stage), however with rising interest rates, the discount rate that people apply when valuing stocks also rises, which means the present value of future earnings goes down, which means the share price goes down. It's a simple macro play considering that WBT's future earnings (apart from ultimately immaterial NRE payments) are not likely to come for quite a few years yet. The royalties are the main game. Since the share price is what actually makes/loses you money, you have to consider all the things that affect it, and like it or not, macro factors like global interest rates have a big effect on share prices. It's not just about the company performance.

If you're going to reply, then at least engage in debate about the points I'm making. Whether you want to consider my points or not makes absolutely zero difference to me in the end.
    Last edited by chibba123: 29/07/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.45
Change
0.100(4.26%)
Mkt cap ! $462.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.35 $2.46 $2.34 $1.524M 632.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5678 $2.44

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.45 13200 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.