WBT 4.26% $2.45 weebit nano ltd

I guess the million dollar question (and what I'm arguing) is...

1. 93 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    I guess the million dollar question (and what I'm arguing) is WHEN do they go into production? Dividends 18months after they go into production seems reasonable to me (I must have missed where he stated that, would be appreciative if you've got the interview link at hand).

What I'm arguing is that even if they announce a customer next week, it's going to take a year for them to fully design their particular product (Coby has stated this in previous quarterly result interviews), and then probably another 6-12months to ramp up production once it is designed (to complete commissioning). It won't be a case that once they've fully designed their product and done their QA, that they will be producing at 100% rate. If you've ever worked in that type of environment (commissioning, etc) then you know that it takes time to ramp up. So I think it'll be 18-24months from agreeing a first customer to them being in full production. If they do in fact sign a customer in the next few months, that means it'll be around early to mid 2024.
    In that time, inflation is not going away any time soon and my opinion is that central banks will need to be more aggressive than what people think with interest rate hikes to get it under control. I think the days of 2% inflation are not coming back this decade and rates will rise more than the 3.5% or so the market has priced in.

Obviously I could be completely wrong, and I accept that, but I'm comfortable with my reasoning. I'm not saying anyone holding is making the wrong decision (far from it), it's just whatever suits your investing style. I like to try to optimise my profits if I can see obvious macro trends that have a high probability of affecting my holdings (whether it's company specific headwinds/tailwinds or general conditions like out of control inflation and much higher rates for the foreseeable future). Time will tell what happens.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.45
Change
0.100(4.26%)
Mkt cap ! $462.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.35 $2.46 $2.34 $1.524M 632.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5678 $2.44

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.45 13200 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.