WBT 4.49% $1.86 weebit nano ltd

Ann: Weebit presentation on technical and commercial progress, page-137

1. 5,657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2868
    To add to your post, Flectional, the essence of everything they are executing on right now and planning for the future is in this classic statement from Coby:

'I don't like to have my destiny in the hands of others."

They are "proactively and aggressively" going after all their with clinical and systematic efficiency. Everything points to Coby and the entire brains trust having great ambition for Weebit, beyond anything the market currently recognizes, or gives credit for. They are leaving nothing to chance in pursuit of success. Weebit gets paid whichever way their technology is used. Talk of SOC brings to mind the likes of Nvidia. No doubt there are many others. Here it is in context, the business plan laid out in detail:

'We have the triangle that we need to make work. We have the customers who we are talking to who want to embed our technology in their designs, into their chips. And we're talking to the fabs. Basically, we're talking about IP licensing. On the one hand we are licensing the technology to the fabs. The fabs are getting the technology, you know, ramping up so they will be able to supply this to their customers.

They have a library of all their tools, of all the things their customers can use, and we'll be added to that library. If customers want to use the standard modules that will be in the library, they will buy them from the fab and the fab will pay us a royalty on every wafer they sell with our technology.

"However, I don't like to have my destiny in the hands of others. And I don't want to wait for the fabs to sell it because I know they are not going to proactively and aggressively push it into the market."

So we are working in parallel to go after the customers and basically expose them to our ReRam technology, show them the benefits and bring them on board so that they will license the technology directly from us. In that case, we will be getting royalties from the chips that they sell, from their revenue.

So it kind of goes both ways. When you license the technology, you get a license fee from the fab or the customer.

BTW, the customers will want to customize our memory so that it fits with their System on a Chip (SOC) in the most optimal way. They will normally pay us for the engineering work to do that customization. We call it the NRE Fee - Non-Recurring Engineering Fee.

Once their chip is ready for mass production then we will get the royalties, either from the fab for a percentage of the wafer cost, or from the customer from their revenues from the sales of that chip.'

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.