WBT 0.34% $2.97 weebit nano ltd

I have a similar sentiment, but you realise that the ASX is a...

1. 142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 117
    I have a similar sentiment, but you realise that the ASX is a public company so answers to its shareholders. Shorters (or detritus feeders is perhaps a better description) have free range on the ASX and seem to be beyond reproach as far as price manipulation is concerned. It is quite obvious there is manipulation today with a big move at 11.30 to drive the price down (presumably to give the detritus feeders some breathing space). 266 trades prior to 13.00 pm of less than 10 shares and 1105 trades (25% 0f the trades until then) of less than 50 shares. These are not retail traders. If I try to sell small quantities, I just get hit with a 'not a marketable parcel' response, or pay more brokerage than I realise from the trade.

Since the ASX benefits from each trade (and hence their shareholders), then why would the ASX discourage these practices, or perish the thought, conduct an enquiry as to the legitimacy of these trade? Better to turn a blind eye and 'let nature takes its course' and let the detritus feeders and price manipulators do their thing and keep the cash register ticking over. If the ASX made the announcement price sensitive, then the detritus feeders would have been caught short, to coin a phrase, and better to keep them happy from a business point of view.

If this is the case, then why is ASIC or the Government interested in taking action? Where is the level playing field if price manipulation has a blind eye turned to it, or entities are allowed to sell something they do not own? If there is no action from the authorities, then we as retail shareholders have the right to question why. Perhaps some emails directed to your local members along these lines, or lodging a complaint with ASIC (worked in the Qantas case), or maybe just a straight out email to Helen Lofthouse (Managing Director and CEO of ASX) could be in order.

Any thoughts appreciated. I am definitely a long term holder and still holding shares I purchased in Sep 2017 and have added constantly to my holding in the last 6 years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.97
Change
0.010(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $560.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.97 $3.01 $2.89 $1.472M 500.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25627 $2.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.97 8118 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.95
  Change
0.010 ( 0.62 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.98 $3.00 $2.89 85058
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.