WBT 0.68% $2.93 weebit nano ltd

I always found it interesting that Weebit did not go with a...

1. 1,449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 348
    I always found it interesting that Weebit did not go with a Chinese fab first up. We know that once a foreign company enters China they, and their technology, can become part of the Chinese machine. With Xi Jingping establishing himself into a God-like status, everything becomes part of his domain. Maybe it's possible that Weebit can secure a fab deal there, without being compromised, but I personally find this increasingly unlikely - given the importance that America, along with it's partners, are attributing to the need to win the technology race.

TSMC are years ahead of other countries when it comes to advanced chip making capabilities, and like the article from your previous post mentions, it may take years for new fabs in other countries to catch up to them. I found it interesting that Coby likened making chips with skywater to baking a cake - the director of TSMC said the same thing. Even the impurities in the water from countries outside of Taiwan might have a different affect on the recipe. No wonder it will take a year to perfect Weebit's 300 mil wafers. I wonder if TSMC would have to go back to the drawing board to make wafers for reram too? Is Weebit's reram the beginning of a whole new era of chipmaking that the quad, and other democracies, will collaborate on? I find it all a fascinating situation right now and look forward to the news flow.

Thanks for these articles Fatman

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.93
Change
-0.020(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $552.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.94 $3.00 $2.91 $1.973M 669.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13000 $2.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.95 6031 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.94
  Change
-0.020 ( 0.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.96 $3.00 $2.91 134330
Last updated 15.59pm 08/05/2024 ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.