CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,810 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2241
    Hi Cruiser
    I think any work being done on U3 will be to use it as an injection well .
    Now that U5 has been drilled it makes little sense to recomplete U3 as a producer .
    That decision had to be made before U5 was drilled .
    U5 will drain nearly all the oil that would be drained by U3 anyway .
    The proximity of U5 to U3 indicates they have no intentions to try to complete U3 as a producer .

HCl certainly will dissolve cement , however it is even better at dissolving Limestone and to a lesser extent Dolomite .
    Who knows how much cement went into the fractures and vuggs when they cemented the casing (Buru would know ) , however injecting HCl would not differentially dissolve the cement in the fractures and vuggs , it would likely just dissolve a cavern next to the perforations .
    An Acid Fracc job on the other hand would open up oil pathways to the wellbore . (Damn F word )
    U1 and U2 would have plugged vuggs and fractures with cement but they still produce well after the casing and cement were perforated .
    I would be surprised if U4 and U5 with cement free completions don't produce very high flow rates on test .
    The challenge may be not that they have low flow but adjusting the flow rate for optimum long term field productivity when in production.
    I do hope they let them rip when they test them though .

There is a difference between flush flow when a well is first tested and sustainable flow under production .
    Ufw in particular because of fluid storage limitations had only a very short flow test and its sustainable flow potential is not yet known .
    However it only has a small oil column and appears on their diagrams to be a small field so probably cannot be sucked too hard .
    Lots to be learnt about that oil pool yet .
    We have spent the money to drill it , lets get it producing , hence what they are doing with U3 .

I wonder if they had to stop carting and had to shut in as the cyclone went through ?

Will we get an A today ?

gltah

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.