EGO 0.00% 12.0¢ empire oil & gas nl

Whether this TH was over the top or borderline or whatever, I...

1. 225 Posts.
    Whether this TH was over the top or borderline or whatever, I think it was prudent and well thought out. Here is why I would have done the same thing:

1. Kent Quinlan told me that a shareholder (unnamed) had already made a complaint to ASIC about the board buying shares, suggesting that they may have been aware of material information when they purchased shares. For this reason, I would be erring on the side of over reporting rather than under reporting.

2. Team nEGOtron are going to whine either way. If this announcement came out without the trading halt, we would have the usual suspects in here whining about continuous disclosure breaches. Like it or not, team nEGOtron get the company in the media, do we really want questions being asked about continuous disclosure in the media? Again, why not err on the side of over reporting rather give team nEGOtron another reason to fling mud?

I'm not overly fussed by the TH, with certain people running around trying to undermine the board I think it is very responsible of them to be taking a cautious approach. Unlike many on this forum I think the board is very methodical at assessing and managing risk and the TH is a good example of it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.