HM1 0.00% $2.59 hearts and minds investments limited

Ann: Weekly NTA Estimate, page-4

1. 167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    I invested in this when it first listed. The opening year was fantastic and the returns were quite strong and was trading at a premium to the NTA. The well publicized 'tech wreck' wrong footed them as you indicated and confidence in the strategy evaporated. Even with the risk overlays they put in place afterwards we are still struggling to get back to anywhere near the NTA. Once confidence goes it's hard to earn it back. The old CIO's flippant golf/sport posts while the house was on fire didn't help.

The market now seems to be wary of the 12 month hold/high conviction strategy for the conference portfolio. I agree that it's probably viewed as an 'all care/ no responsibility' exercise given recent performance. The core portfolio doesn't get a lot of attention while it churns away in the background.

On the flip side, it's a great dividend stream with significant accumulated franking credits and profit reserve. If you buy today you are almost guaranteed a near 6% annual franked return. There is also a big capital upside on the NTA alone, with further possible gains from the conference picks outperforming.

The philanthropic goals with donations to medical research instead of performance/management fees are quite worthy, but with my cold shareholder hat on I think there should be some serious discussions on liquidating the fund if it can't get back to trading very close to the NTA in the next 12-18 months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HM1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.59
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $595.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.60 $2.61 $2.59 $507.7K 195.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11764 $2.58

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.60 49050 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.59
  Change
0.000 ( 0.38 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.59 $2.61 $2.59 102642
Last updated 15.59pm 17/06/2024 ?
HM1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.