WLD 1.56% 6.5¢ wellard limited

Oh I wish it were so.(that it was good for Wellard)But all the...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 10 Posts.
    Oh I wish it were so.(that it was good for Wellard)But all the exporters have the same systems, handling facilities, etc. Wellard ships are not necessarily any nicer for the animals than say, Vroon ships.

The HUGE differences are in the destination countries and whether or not the importer can comply with ESCAS. I'm hearing Turkey is pretty crappy in that regard vs Indonesia which is pretty much up to scratch (modern abattoirs, proper stunning etc). the big problem is that Aus has super high standards for the handling of stock, conditions on board ship, and after sale in the importing country. In contrast, South American countries can use crappy ships, put more stock per square metre on the deck, and send to countries with little regard for animal welfare (or to specific end users who can't comply with ESCAS). therefore, their cattle are more affordable for the end user and some of those people are choosing South American cattle over AUS cattle.

But Wellard people didn't just fall off a turnip truck, so they'll find a way somehow.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WLD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.